Top Food Blogs

Thursday 19 September 2013

Chicken Masala

After my last post of the yellow rice, I then had to make a curry to go with it . I already had the chicken thighs, or you could use breast fillets if you prefer. The thighs are moister, so if using fillets don't over cook them. This is an exceptionally easy curry, maybe not as easy as one from a jar but much tastier I think. The Indians would throw their hands up in horror because I don't use ghee or peanut oil. I just use the Rylstone all the time and it works for me. I know the chefs love the Organic but for me it's the Crooked River for everyday use.


1 kilo thigh fillets, chopped keeping pieces fairly large
Rylstone Olive Oil
1 chopped onion
2 teaspoons crushed garlic
2 teaspoons crushed ginger
1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
2 teaspoons garam masala
1 teaspoon chilli powder ( if you like it hotter add more )
1 tin crushed tomatoes
3/4 cup cream
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup roughly of chopped coriander
1/4 cup roughly of chopped mint


I used a wok for my curry, but a saucepan or frypan is fine too
Half cook the chicken in the oil and remove and set aside. Next fry the ginger, garlic and onion in the oil. Add the mustard seeds, chilli and garam masala and stir through the herbs.
Add the tomatoes next stir until combined and then add the cream and stir through.
Return the chicken to the pan and cook stirring occasionally. Add the chopped herbs in the last few minutes of cooking.



No comments:

Post a Comment